Barrister Miti Sanjana
Barrister Miti Sanjana is a corporate lawyer and the partner of LEGAL COUNSEL is one of the leading law firms of Bangladesh located at the heart of Dhaka City. She is also a columnist and an eminent media personality. She is maintaining a very popular column namely ‘Pathoker Ukil’ (reader’s advocate) in the most circulated and reputed daily newspaper in Bangladesh, namely, the Prothom Alo. She regularly writes in different national dailies on legal and social issues. Her articles are published on international journals.
She has been highly applauded by her clients for her timely legal services with excellence. Prior to the formation of the partnership, she was running the Chambers as the sole proprietor. While her principal focus is on corporate and business, banking and property laws, she has also been working very closely for furtherance and development of the socials causes, gender equality, women empowerment etc. She also practices on family law based on Muslim law and Hindu Law and deals with marriage, divorce, custody, cross religious marriages etc. She has a strong presence in the national and international electronic and visual media where she deliberates different legal issues. She spends a considerable amount of time in every week on national and private TV channels in Bangladesh answering viewers’ questions about different laws as a part of her pro bono activities which includes the start ups and entrepreneurship and SME related queries. She regularly participates in policy dialogue and plays instrumental roles in enactment and amendments of different laws in the country.
Education and Experience :
- Called to the Bar (Barrister-at-Law) from the Honorable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London, UK.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (PGDL) awarded by the Inns of Courts School of Law (ICSL), London, UK
- LL.B (Hons.), University of London, (external) UK.
- Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh
- Member – Dhaka Bar Association. Supreme Court Bar Association.
- BVC (Bar Vocational Course organized by the Bangladesh Bar Council).